Simple and versatile Birthday Cake



Oh, I love me some birthdays! Especially since my partner in crime and me have it on the same day! Much fun guaranteed!  This birthday started with cake, proceeded with getting lost in the woods and ended with a marvelous dinner outside under the stars. I could not have asked for more! Besides maybe, that you all start making your version of this easy-peasy birthday cake!

Ingredients

225g caster sugar
225g soft butter
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
200g all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. starch flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 - 4 tbsp. milk to bind

Starting off by baking two simple Victoria Sponges is THE easiest was to make the base for your favorite kind of birthday cake. (Just on a side-note: I only made half of the batter, as I used a smaller spring form. I was thinking it would be just me and my man for our birthday brunch before heading out for a short vacation. Man was I wrong about that! But it turns out you can totally feed ten people on this tiny cake, when you have enough other breakfast food on the table. HEART!)
Sorry, let’s proceed. Cream butter, vanilla, salt and sugar, add the eggs one at a time (let me remind you here, room temperature!). Sift the dry ingredients together and mix until everything is combined, add some milk until you have a smooth, perfect cake batter consistency. Spread into two spring forms lined with baking sheets and bake for ca. 25 minutes in 180°C oven. Let cool completely! 



Now fill and ice with what your heart desires! My choice was some fresh strawberries and strawberry jam with a lemon cream cheese icing! Just some cream cheese, lemon zest and a little juice and icing sugar mixed together!


And isn’t the confetti cake design the prettiest?! Oh, I love me some birthdays!




No comments:

Post a Comment